Thursday, October 25, 2007

Throwback Pop Culture Video of the Week

In honor of my new love of U-N-I and K.R.E.A.M. (also peep their songs Beautiful Day and Fat Girls), I'm posting two --yes two--classic Spike Lee clips from which U-N-I drew inspiration from for the K.R.E.A.M. video.

First up, someone uploaded this for a class I took last year, and I had the joy of analyzing this scene from Do The Right Thing. Here a white guy, wearing a Larry Bird Boston Celtics jersey(can anything symbolize more whiteness...repping racist ol' Boston? ugh..) steps on Buggin' Out's, played by Giancarlo Esposito, Jordans and all hell breaks loose. Gentrification==> dirty sneakers.




Second up, one of the series of Spike's commercials for Nike. Peep the hat...remember the Inglewood cap.."Money, It's gotta be the shoes!"




Step on my shoes, I will kill you....

HAUL,
The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it Mature and Classy.