Friday, November 21, 2008

Old School Friday: Jazz Rebirth

This week's Old School Friday is all about Jazz. Since I disappeared for a long time, I thought my choice was fitting as a rebirth of my status. Enjoy the Jazz and Rap Fusion!

Digable Planets- Rebirth of Slick (Cool Like Dat)


And because I can make anything become related to Do The Right Thing, peep Spike's use of jazz, hip hop, and Spanish music to create this scene. ( No it's not my You Tube account, but I did have to write an essay on this clip.)



Happy OSF!
Check out other participants here:http://www.themarvalusview.com/osf/

Random sidenote: Thelonious Monk went to my high school. There was a memory cube on the first floor (music floor) dedicated to him.

7 comments:

  1. DP need to come back to the music scene.

    I love the DTRT clip. I can't believe you remembered that clip for this week's theme. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice choices. I used Rebirth of Slick for one hit wonder week. Nobody commented on that pick so glad to see someone recognize it again.

    Pure genius to pick a Spike Lee film. His use of jazz in his films has made me love him even more. Mo Betta Blues was one of the films that started me on my way to appreciating this genre.

    Happy OSF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be singing this all day now - KOOL.

    Happy Friday and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the mixed genre messages. Very creative and contemporary perspective on a timeless art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was an interesting take on it, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good choice...the music in Spike Lee's movies was always on point. Love the pick of Rebirth of Slick...

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice choices! I love the horns on Rebirth Of Slick!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it Mature and Classy.